Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Quilting: Two Left Feet

I am currently making a quilt for my good friend Zach.  He is getting married in the beginning of April, in NYC and I have been super stoked to create this quilt for him and his soon to be spouse.

I got the pattern from a  book that I love:  Dare to be Square by Boo Davis.  The patterns are cute, modern, and fun.  I have been very anxious to start one of her quilts.



I purchased my material from the Quilters Coop in Temecula, CA... a cute shop, but a bit on the pricey side.  I'll probably go back to my old staple... JoAnn Fabric and Crafts.

Today I started to piece the quilt top and let me tell you it has been chaotic!  The measurements are off, even though I thrice checked before I cut and things just aren't lining up.  And let me just say this is not my first time at the quilting rodeo!  This is probably my 15th quilt and I have never had so many issues with a quilt from the starting block.

At this point, I am just hoping that is comes out looking decent.  I really want this to be a great wedding gift.  I want them to be able to cherish it for ages.  But, it is really starting to stress me out.  Luckily, I have the week off from work... who knows what I would do if I were teaching all day!

Even though I am having problems with the measurements, I still love this book and will attempt to make a few more of Boo Davis' quilts.  Hopefully they will work out better.

What crafty things are you up to?

(I'll post photos of the quilt later)

No comments:

Post a Comment