Sunday, March 13, 2011

Spring is Springing

Spring is Springing all around me.  The weather is warming up here in Southern California, which I am not always a huge fan of... I love Winter!  But, you can't beat those first blooms, especially when they are on your nectarine tree.

I walked outside yesterday to get some water from the garage and there in all of its glory was my grandparents nectarine tree.  I was taken aback for a moment, because I had never seen it in bloom before and I was curious as to when my grandparents planted a flowering tree.  However, I was quickly struck with understanding and I was completely blown away.  What a beautiful tree!  The blooms are perfect and in such a lovely hue of pink.









I love nature!  It is always surprising me and it definitely cheers me up daily!

Spring crept into my kitchen with these cupcakes.  I tried out the cupcake poppers that I posted the other day.  I had a hard time with them... I am thinking it is due to the use of super moist white cake mix.  I'll have to try them again.  I was beginning to become aggravated when the mini cup cakes were crumbling before my eyes.  Finally I gained some sense and just frosted the mini cupcakes and added some sprinkles.  I used the left over cupcake poppers to make rainbow cake balls.  All turned out well.






Finally, I was in the middle of Spring today.  I went on a hike with my friend Rebecca and her two children.  It was nice to be outside and feel the sun on my skin.  In my opinion there is no better way to get that vitamin D than walking in wide open spaces!  And let me tell you the hills were definitely alive with the sound of music!

May Spring be on its way to you as well!





No comments:

Post a Comment