Monday, November 14, 2011

Words, words, words in Books!

I come from a family of readers.

All of us read, literally... every single one of us.

I'd like to say that I read more than I talk, but considering I learned how to talk when I was 1-ish, due to my brothers lovely assistance, from outside my crib... I think it is safe to say that I do talk more.

However, that does not make my love for reading any less, because I have been doing that since I was three!!  It's true, I just asked my mom!  This is all leading to something, I promise.

When I was in elementary school (the later years) my mom worked at an office in town and I would take the bus to her work after school.  Once there, I would do one of two things.  I would either go to Thrifty's and get and ice cream (chocolate malted crunch, medieval madness, rainbow sherbet, or mint chocolate chip) and hang out with my friend Jessica, or I would go to the library.

The library was an amazing place to me (still is).  I would do research in Encyclopedias!  I would use the card catalog, or find some books on the really slow and old computer.  I would make copies, so I could continue my research at home.  I used the library as a place to do my homework.  But, mostly I used it as a place to get amazing stories.  So many of my personal favorites were discovered at this time.  I cannot even begin to tell you how many books I read as a kid and of course that list has grown tremendously since then.

I wanted to carry on my love for the Library, so the other day I finally went to my local library and got a card!  Woo hoo!  I have yet to check anything out, but the time will come.  This is the first time that I have received a card outside of San Bernardino county.

I will be taking photos of my library soon, so stay tuned... it is pretty cool!  There is sod on the roof!

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment