Monday, February 11, 2013

The Palm Springs Half Marathon

Fourteen weeks ago, I started a running club at my school.  This is something I had wanted to do for a while, because I enjoy running and I thought my students would truly benefit, since we do not have sports at our school.  It is completely focused on academics.

I was the coach and I trained 10 students and seven went on to run the Palm Springs Half Marathon yesterday.

I was able to work with a non-profit organization that provided new running shoes to students that did a required amount of runs and the organization also paid their entry fee to the race.

The students really enjoyed the race and they seemed pretty excited about their accomplishment!

I am proud of all of them, because when we first started, they had a hard time even running/ walking for 20 minutes.  Now, they have gone 13.1 miles!


No comments:

Post a Comment