Thursday, June 6, 2013

Fresh Orangeade

Once upon a time, there was a girl who shopped at the Goodwill bookstore by her mom's house.  In this bookstore, she happened upon a lovely book, "Safe Party Planning:  Alcohol-Free Drinks For All Occasions, BEVERAGES".

That girl was me and I love this book of fantastic drinks!  There is one in particular that I truly enjoy.  I made it several times while I lived with my grandparents.  I just plucked the oranges and lemons right off of their trees and it was fantastic.  I think that it is a great summer drink and I hope you find joy while putting this drink together and sharing it with your friends.

Fresh Orangeade

Makes about 5 (1 cup) servings

2  1/2     cups water

1/2         cup granulated sugar

2            cups freshly squeezed orange juice

1/2         cup freshly squeezed lemon juice

1/2         lemon, cut into slices

Ice cubes

Sprigs of fresh mint, for garnish (optional, but fun!)


Put water and sugar in a large pitcher; stir until sugar dissolves.  Add orange juice, lemon juice, and lemon slices; stir well.  Refrigerate mixture until ready to serve.  Serve over ice and garnish with fresh mint.

That's it!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment