Monday, August 4, 2014

A Book in Review: Jane Eyre


Jane Eyre!

How did I not read you earlier in my life! I am glad that we have met and I enjoy you immensely!

I had no idea what this book was about. For years I had wanted to read it, but thought that it might be too hard for me to read, that I wouldn't understand it. Could I have been more wrong? Probably, but I was immediately drawn in to this book. Of course, I had known Charlotte Bronte's name and that of her sisters as well, but while reading 'Jane Eyre' I was highly intrigued by Charlotte Bronte's life. How sad I found it to be! To lose all of your family and then to die, once finally married, and taking with you your unborn child! Ahh! This book is filled with so many great quotes, ideas, and thoughts. I loved it from the start. I love that Jane never wants, nor tries to be anything but herself. She could not allow herself to be, in the depths of her soul made to be as others were. I will not write about the plot, for I feel that you should discover it all on your own, as I did. Enjoy!


I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars, I loved it!!

In other news, it has been way too hot to bake... 100 degrees outside, hotter inside my apartment. So, the Bon Appetit dessert recipes will commence when it is a bit cooler. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment