Sunday, February 8, 2015

A Book in Review: Big Little Lies



Over the summer, I met a few gals at a going away party and I suggested that we start a book club. I have created a book club before and it was quite successful. When that club came to an end, I was pretty bummed, so this new opportunity was awesome! This was our second selection. It is pretty long at 460 pages, but they pass quickly!

I love a good mystery! I enjoyed this book, because you didn't know who had been killed, or who did the killing until about 30- 40 pages from the end. I will say that I did guess who the deceased was going to be about half way through the book. I enjoyed the commentary from the parents at the school. Some of that stuff was pretty funny! I wanted to shake Celeste and tell her to wake up! Madeline has a very strong personality, but she will stick by you through thick and thin, once she declares you as her friend. I'm glad Jane sets her path in a good direction by the end. I enjoyed this!


I highly recommend this book!


We are supposed to be reading 'All The Light We Cannot See' by Anthony Doerr, right now, but I am trying to finish up 'A Tale of Two Cities' by Charles Dickens. Hopefully, I will be able to read our February selection before our meeting.


Here's to reading! What are you reading right now? Any suggestions for me? I'd love to hear about books that you love and think I just have to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment