Friday, April 24, 2015

A Book in Review: A Reliable Wife




A Reliable Wife, by Robert Goolrick

I might be one of the rare ones who actually liked this book. When I first started reading it, I read one chapter and did not like it at all. I put it down for a week. But then... what a story!! Being lost in the present, because you are living in the past. Haven't we all been there? I think this book has a few messages, but I keep thinking of redemption. We are a mess and we've made mistakes, but we can learn from them and change for the better. We can hold on to hope. We can be brought into the light. 

Ralph Truitt is the man! He stayed firm in his love as Catherine worked her way into the light. I love Ralph Truitt for the man that he became. Even though he knew that Catherine was trying to kill him, he still chose to love her. Even though he knew about her past, he still loved her. He has so much love!

What an ending!

4 out of 5 stars. I really liked it.

P.S.- No major spoilers here, really, because the back of the book mentions that Catherine is going to kill him.

No comments:

Post a Comment