Sunday, April 26, 2015

Maple Cake

I found this recipe via 'On Sutton Place', not too long ago. It sounded so good, so I just had to give it a try. It comes together easily. If you start making it now, you'll be eating it within the hour. I've actually made this cake twice this weekend. I sent one to my friend in Utah and I am bringing one with me to work, tomorrow. How do you like them apples?! Ha ha.



Maple Cake

1                cup (2 sticks) butter softened

3/4             cup pure maple syrup

1/2             cup sugar

1                teaspoon vanilla

2                eggs

2-1/2          cups flour

2                teaspoons baking powder

1/2             teaspoon baking soda

1/2             teaspoon salt

3/4             cup sour cream


Preheat oven to 350ºF.

Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.

In a large bowl, mix softened butter, sugar, and maple syrup. Beat on medium speed until fluffy. About 5 minutes.

Add eggs one at a time, mixing well between additions. Add vanilla.

Add flour mixture in three batches, to the butter mixture, alternating with sour cream. Begin and end with the flour mixture. Combine well and scrape down after each addition.

Put batter in prepared 9x9 pan. (I used vegetable shortening and flour.)

Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center of cake comes out clean.

To serve: Dust with powdered sugar or add a dollop of whipped cream to each piece.



For the original post click the link below:

On Sutton Place: Maple Cake

And here's a link to her lemon muffins that I tried a while ago. Super good!:

Lemon Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment