Wednesday, October 5, 2016

A Book in Review: The Girl on the Train

The Girl on the Train The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I just read two really boring and not so great books, before finally taking The Girl on the Train off of my bookshelf. I had been wanting to read it for a while, so I am extremely happy that the book did not disappoint me.

Rachel is a hot mess. She gets in her own way over and over again throughout the book. She made me so angry. Any time that she would remember a perhaps vital piece of information, she would wash it away with alcohol.

The three women in this book are all a bit certifiable in their own ways. One is still hooked on her ex-husband. One once a mistress, now a wife and one trying to flee her past, but not ever really happy. Yet, they have one common thread. What or who could it be?? Hmm...

I've got to say, that I did not know what to expect at the end and I was a little surprised. Go Paula Hawkins! I love a good mystery! I love a good twist! (I had a pretty good idea as to who the culprit was, but what goes down at the very, very end is what surprised me.)

This book may not be for everyone, but it is just what I needed!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment