Tuesday, April 21, 2015

A Book in Review: Looking For Alaska


Looking For Alaska, by John Green

I purchased this book a while ago, off of the recommendation of my good friend Micah. He told me that it was his favorite book by John Green. This book marked my first experience with the author. Though, I know him from his YouTube videos and of course because all of the hype behind 'The Fault In Our Stars'. Is it his best work? I do not know and I do not know if I should find out. 

I really enjoyed this story. I just wish that my friend told me that it would be sad and leave me with a lot of questions, because I am sad and I have a lot of questions, but I also have hope for the future of the characters. I looked for an extra chapter that would explain... that would give me closure, but there wasn't one. I wanted to punch Alaska in the hip, for being a stupid stupid girl.

My mom read 'The Fault In Our Stars' and liked it, so she wants me to read it. I will do so, but I believe that that will mark the end of my time with John Green.

4 out of 5 stars. I really liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment