A year ago, I wrote '28 Things by 28' and now, I am 28. So let's see what I checked off my list!!
Have a successful first year of teaching Art... leading to a 2nd. I got asked to come back full time!
Become a hip hop dance master. Hip hop classes were a major success. I really enjoyed them!
Run Carlsbad Half Marathon. January 22, 2012
Run La Jolla Half Marathon. April 29, 2012
Run America's Finest City Half Marathon. August 19, 2012
Go on dates. Cough *speed dating* Cough.
Blog regularly, without giving up on journaling. Keeping up on both nicely.
10. Invest a lot of time in my friendships. This is hard when it seems friends don't want to spend time with you.
Do something unique. Chippendales for Tamara's Bachelorette party... I have never been to anything like that in my life!
Meet new people. Hip hop, church, BTSA Support Provider (teaching mentor)
Keep up with Baking GALS and Tell Them Thanks. Still send cookies and letters monthly, when a military person is in need.
Focus on my art (phtography, painting, sewing, scrapbooking). Took three rolls of film to Czech Republic. Scrapbooked last years events... working on getting stuff together for 2012.
Become more involved ar church. Became a leader for the greeting team and co-lead a team to the Czech Republic over the summer.
19. Start saving for Greece cruise. I do not know if this is actually happening now.
21. Read 30 books, without buying any of them (unless for book club).I didn't make this one, but I will be at 30 by the end of the year, which will technically be a year since I first started reading the books on my list.
2. The Heart of Christmas by Mary Balogh, Nicola Cornick, Courtney Milan
3. The Girl With The Dragon tattoo by Steig Larsson
4. Gone with a Handsomer Man by Michael Lee West
5. Baked Explorations: Classic American Desserts Reinvented by Matt Lewis & Renato Poliafito
6. Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
7. Zen and the Art f Murder by Elizabeth M. Cosin
8. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
9. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
10. This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper
11. Little Bee by Chris Cleave
12. Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding
13. Bridget Jones The Edge of Reason by Helen Fielding
14. The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs
15. Bossypants by Tina Fey
16. Coraline by Neil Gaiman
17. The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd
18. The Fallen (The Nine Lives of Chloe King #1) by Liz braswell
19. The Stolen (The Nine Live of Chloe King #2) by Liz Braswell
20. The Chosen (The Nine Lives of Chloe King #3) by Liz Braswell
21. Naked by David Sedaris
22. Baked: New Frontiers in Baking by Lewis and Poliafito
23. Baked: Elements by Lewis and Poliafito
24. Always Home: 50 years of the USO by Coffey
Eat another date shake (Hadley would be nice). I ate an amazing date shake at the riverside county fair and it was way better than Hadley... believe it! I also stopped by Hadley for a shake one day during the summer... I was falling asleep at the wheel and Hadley proved to be a life saver, literally!
Get my students into art competitions (statewide/ national). Entered student work in to the National Date Festival/ Riverside Fair Art Exhibit/ Contest.
28. Loose 10 pounds (or more). Hey! A girl can dream! A girl sure can dream. I can say that I have not lost 10 pounds, but I did lose what I gained from eating all of that ice cream in the Czech Republic. So, it may not have been the 10 pounds I was originally after, but at least I am back where I started for the coming year.