Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Breakfast Jars

I have been wanting to make my own oatmeal packets for a long time. For one, I know what is in them and two, I can choose to put in what I like and mix it up, whenever I like! I recently came upon two posts about this very thing. I decided to take a little from each post and apply it to my breakfast jars.

Instant Oatmeal Jars
Instant Oatmeal Packets

I am trying my stash out this week. We'll see how it goes. I imagine that there is not much room for error, as it is just oatmeal. I have hope!

Here are my jars:


These jars include: Old fashioned oats, oat bran, salt, powdered milk, brown sugar, cranberries, and almonds. I would like to try the chia seeds, like one of the bloggers did, but I could not find them. 

I am not a morning person. I am a giant human slug monster in the morning and I find it hard to get breakfast and pack a lunch before I need to leave, so I am hoping that this will be very beneficial for me. I like that I just have to add the water and heat it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment