Friday, February 20, 2015

A Book in Review: A Tale of Two Cities



Wow! I have had 'A Tale of Two Cities' on my bookshelf for years and I finally decided to read it. My goodness, the first 23 pages (roughly) were very hard for me. At one point, I thought about giving up. I have read several Charles Dickens novels before and the beginning of this seemed so different. I had a very hard time getting into it. However, I had read a few reviews from people, who thought the same thing and they encouraged all readers to press on. I am extremely glad that I continued to read this novel, because it was great!

A few things  I have to say, before I let you get to it...

I think we read books when they want us to read them... or in other words, when it is the right time for us to read them.

Madame Defarge, dang!

Mad Props to Ms. Pross!

Sydney! Carton!

Sydney is rough on the edges, but he has a heart of gold! Pure gold! 24 carat gold!

The last page... ugh. It got me!

No comments:

Post a Comment