Monday, May 28, 2012

The Laundry Mat and the Grocery Store

Today is Memorial Day.  I am thankful for those who have given their lives, fighting for our many freedoms.  I am also thankful for the many friends that I have, who serve in our military currently.  My hats go off to them today!

Even though it is a holiday, I needed to do laundry something fierce!!  And I really do not like to grocery shop... the last time I went was about a month and a half ago.  Let's just say I have been really hungry the last few days.  Granola bars don't carry me for very long... and I have 2 left! Ha ha.

So, naturally I took care of both situations today.

Let me say that I learned something doing my laundry today, and that is, that there are three types of people at the Laundromat.

1.  The Normal-  You can decide what normal is for yourself, but these people are like me.  We want to get in and out.  Be done as fast as possible, so that we can get on with the rest of our day.

2.  The Crazies-  These people are like the man I encountered today.  He yelled at a woman for drying her clothes... and then  accused her of bringing in wet clothes and then using the dryers.

3.  The Pushy-  These are the people that put there stuff right up against yours, on the folding table.  So, you move over a bit... and then low and behold there stuff is right up against your stuff again.  This keeps happening, until you are straddling your laundry cart and are folding your things in 2 inches of space.  How did this happen?

If you were previously unaware of these three types of people, like I was, I hope I have encouraged you to look deeper into your surroundings, when next at the laundromat.  Ha ha.

At the grocery store today, I was thankful to be there when all of the Stater Brothers, at the same time took a minute of silence for all fallen military personnel.  I was surprised by the amount of people who actually stopped everything they were doing to be a part of this. It made me happy to see this type of respect/ patriotism for our country.

What ever you are doing today, think of those you know, and maybe those you see from afar... that give their time (family, personal) for you and me... so we may live the lives we chose to live.


No comments:

Post a Comment