Wednesday, October 5, 2016

A Book in Review: Claude & Camille: A Novel of Monet

Claude & Camille: A Novel of Monet Claude & Camille: A Novel of Monet by Stephanie Cowell
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I had such high hopes for this book. As an art teacher, I was curious how Monet would be presented. I know this is fictional, but I was left curious if any of the events really happened. There was a good use of some of the painters' work embedded in the book. However, these were the only good things in the book, to me.

Camille is a big whiny brat and the book evolves around her fits and Monet trying to please her. Monet was often selfish and did not think about his family... only his painting and his want to be famous. He also says merde so often that I don't ever need to hear it again in my life.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment