Saturday, February 4, 2017

Review: Neanderthal Seeks Human

Neanderthal Seeks Human Neanderthal Seeks Human by Penny Reid
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

In December 2016 I had just learned about Penny Reid, at a book signing that my friend took me to. Now, I've read the first three books of her Winston brother series and Neanderthal Seeks Human! I love Penny. I'm so glad she is alive, that she is so funny, and that she has chosen to write books that are also so funny and make me laugh!

Neanderthal Seeks Human

Janie. What a nerd! I love her. Every bit of her. Except her being scared of the commitment with a good guy... only because I see this quality in myself. The feeling of being inadequate. Why would someone want to date ME? I'm just me, nothing special. It's scary. I understand her perfectly well.

This book is a wonderful example of how we are not perfect. We all have quirks and eccentricities that make us who we are. We also have things in our past, big or small that contribute to our personality and character.

AND we all have a family member that we'd quite like to forget! Am I right?!

I enjoyed this book from the beginning. I've got to be honest, Penny has a way of getting me to laugh out loud in all of her books. Neanderthal was no different.

When you get to this part, I hope you laughed as much as I did:

"I
Clobber.
"am going"
Clobber.
"-to fuck-"
Clobber.
"-you up-"
Clobber.
"-bitch!"

This seems quite out of context, but trust me, it's funny!

Over all, I like that Janie and Quinn are two people who have stuff to work through and perhaps that is why I enjoy Penny's books so much. The people seem real. They seem like me or a friend. They go through things that real people go through.

Give this book a try. It's a good and fun read! Then promptly go and read all of Penny's other books!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment