Saturday, November 1, 2014

Hashimoto Pasta Salad

Two weeks ago, I attended a baby shower for my childhood friend. We met in elementary school and I joined her girl scout troop in the sixth grade, her mom was our leader. We went on to get our silver awards during our junior year of high school. My mom and I have been close to them since the early days in 1996. Anyway, whilst at the baby shower, we ate some food and low and behold, this pasta salad was served. It was so good that it was all I could think about for a week and I finally asked for the recipe. I thought that you all might like to try it, it is quite good. I had two helpings!

Hashimoto Pasta Salad

1      pound dry tortellini

1/2   package of dry salame, quartered (Gallo)

1      12 ounce package cherry tomatoes, quartered

1/2    8.1 ounce jar pesto (Classico or preferred brand... perhaps homemade)

1/2   cup Shredded parmesan cheese (or more to your liking)

Salt and pepper to taste



Quarter cherry tomatoes and place them in a colander in the sink.

Quarter your salame and set in fridge.

Bring pot of water to a boil and cook tortellini.  Once tortellini is cooked, drain over tomatoes in colander.

Add tomatoes and pasta to a bowl and add salame and pesto; a bit at a time to taste.

Place in the fridge for an hour or two, to allow flavors to develop.

To finish, toss with cheese and serve. Some fresh basil is always a nice garnish for presentation.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment