Sunday, November 23, 2014

Artsy Craftsy Time

I have always wanted to go to a Paint Nite. You know, the ones, where you go to a bar or restaurant and you paint a painting in one night?! Many times, I have asked friends to go with me and they say yes, but when it comes down to brass tacks, they don't end up going. So, I decided to hold my own paint night at my apartment.

Not only did I invite friends over to paint, but I disguised it all as a 30th birthday party. I purchased the pattern, the transfer paper, and the paintbrushes from the website Social Artworking. They give you a list of the paint colors that you need and instead of buying those from the website, I went to Michael's and picked up similar colors.  Consumer Crafts was having a nice sale at the time, so I got my 16x20 canvases and all of the easels from them.

The instructions state that it should have taken 3 hours to complete this painting project. Well, the faster ones in the group finished in 5 hours and the slower more particular friends needed 6 hours. I am sure that my friends didn't actually plan on spending the entire day with me, but that is the way that it turned out. We had fun! We listened to music, we ate food, we had good laughs and conversation. It was a great time!!

What was the food, you ask? Just snacks, essentially.  I served Hashimoto Pasta Salad, because it is so good and it has turned out to be a great crowd pleaser.  I also made a Chocolate Pumpkin Cake with a Milk Chocolate Ganache and Pumpkin Whipped Cream. For drinks, I made cranberry spritzers. I used Cran-Cherry juice mixed with some Schweppes original sparkling spritzer water. Super easy and delicious! I also served cold and hot tea, as well as water. This party came together easily and it was very enjoyable to me, to have a small group of  my best friends partaking in an activity that I enjoy.

Here are some photos!









We all followed the same directions, and each painting turned out so differently! I think that that is my favorite part. Unique and fun just like all of us!

The cake! It was soooo good! And a quick and easy recipe, too. #FairTrade cocoa from Equal Exchange.


That's all she wrote, folks! Have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment