Monday, July 2, 2012

Little Free Library

I went for a walk last night with my mom and my best friend's mom.  We went all over our town.  It really was nice, but the nicest part of it all, was that I discovered something new... and exciting!

I found the cutest little lending library on the corner of someone's property.  It sits on a post and it looks like a little house.  You take a book and leave a book.  This keeps the rotation of books moving nicely.

Here is more info. about the Little Free Library.  I got it from a flyer in my local little free library!

How does this library work?

This Little Free Library offers a way to share good things to read- favorite books from your childhood or books you would recommend to friends; books that teach, intrigue, and engage you.  All of us can help by keeping this collection stocked with good reading material.

Whose library is this?

It belongs to everybody- neighbors, friends, and people we don't even know yet.  Anyone can use it.  That's why we want to take care of it.

Take a book.

If you see something you would like to read, take it.  Look inside to see who gave it and who else read it.  Read the book and then return it.

Give books.

Leave notes in them.  Be a friend of al libraries by helping anyway you can.

We support reading for children, literacy for adults, and libraries around the world.


Pretty much, this discovery made my day!  I am excited to drop off the book I am reading now, 'Little Bee' and I am going to pick up 'A Confederacy of Dunces'.  Exciting!!  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment