Friday, April 20, 2012

Pen Pals

When I was a young girl, I had a few pen pals.  I have always loved writing notes and letters.  I enjoy sending cards for all types of occasions, big or small... happy or sad.

My best friend Stacie moved away in the 6th grade and we kept in touch with letters, drawings, and coloring book pages, over the years.  We ended up going to the same university and were roommates 2 out of our 4 years there.  We are still best friends to this day.

In high school, my friend Brittany moved to Santa Fe, New Mexico and we also chose to be pen pals.

There is something so fun about receiving mail at an unexpected time.  You never know when a surprise will show up in your mail box.

I believe that the writing of a letter is something that is quickly fading from many of our lives.  I also believe, that this is something that we will regret.

So, in honor of pen and paper, cute stationery and really expensive stamps, I asked an old friend to be my pen pal.  Luckily, she said yes!

Now, I will be spending some spare moments to catch up and keep up with my good friend Fran in Alaska.

I hope that you will take some time out of your day or week to remember the significance of a time honored tradition, the hand written letter.

photo from www.inspiredbythis.com


No comments:

Post a Comment