Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Time

On Christmas Eve, I made my way to my mom's house.  We then ventured out for lunch, via our feet, carrying us to the downtown area.  We ate at Oscar's, because it is best.  They gave me two little Christmas bushes, in pots that say 'joy'.   Fun and cute!  After lunch, we headed to the bank which brought us by the newly renovated town square.


My Christmas bush.

And what did we find here?  Only three young musicians laying down some fat jazz versions of anyones favorite Christmas songs.  We vowed to stop there on our way back.

Our short journey back from the bank to the square found us at a bench with a homeless man.  I chose to give him one of my Christmas bushes and gave a very jovial 'Merry Christmas!'.  Boy did a toothless smile light up his face!  I never knew something so small as a bush sprinkled with glitter could bring so much joy.

My mom and I moved on to the music... a saxist, a bassist, and a drummer.  Hey man, that's all you need!  They sure were great.  We hung out for about an hour.  In the middle of our music enjoyment, my little homeless man walked into the square, proudly carrying his Christmas bush.  He saw us, and again said, "Merry Christmas".  I think giving him that bush is one of the best things I have done as of late.

Later that evening as we looked at the Mission Inn Hotel Christmas lights, my mom recounted the experience and we both got happy again, just thinking about it.



A real reindeer!

Creepy much?

 


This totally made up for the bad attitude I got from my older and only brother.  I got him three nice long sleeve shirts/ sweaters for Christmas.  I thought they would be really nice on him.  All he did was complain about them.  Oh, they are too small. (They fit him perfectly).  Why the blue color Tiffiny?  Do you notice I don't have any blue in my wardrobe?  You know, if you wanted to help, you could have just given me money.  Really?  REALLY?!  How about a 'Thank You'  I think that would do just fine.

No, I did not get one of those...  really...

I do believe that is the last time I purchase something for him, with money I could have saved... the Lord knows it could be useful in many other places... summer mission trip, etc.

I hope that your Christmas, Hanukkah, or Kwanzaa brought (brings) you Joy!  May it be with you throughout the coming year.

My mom makes these cinnamon rolls every Christmas morning.


Wow!  Somehow Chloe let me hold her long enough to get this photo!

And!  She let me put a bow on her head!  This never happens...  It truly is a Christmas miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment