Friday, December 30, 2011

Spicy Apple Pancakes with Cider Sauce

My mom made these for breakfast, when my friends Stacie and Monica came over for after Christmas, Christmas.  We have been doing this gift exchange for a few years now and it is a lot of fun.

My mom last made these when she was a teenager and even though they were a big hit, she seemed to gave forgotten about them until this year, because this is the first I have ever heard of them.  They are mighty good and I hope that you try them out and that they fuel some fun, like they did for me. For after I ate them, I taught my friends how to do the dance I am learning in my hip- hop class.  I should have filmed this, it was too funny!  Both friends did well... because they were born from a boombox (Step Up 3 quote).  It means they were born dancers...


Spicy Apple Pancakes with Cider Sauce

2      cups Bisquick

1/2   teaspoon cinnamon

1-1/3 cups milk

3/4   cup grated apple (about 2 medium)

Cider Sauce (below)

Beat baking mix, cinnamon, egg, and milk with rotary beater until smooth.  Stir in apple.  Grease griddle if necessary.  Pour batter by 1/4-cup measuring cupfuls onto hot griddle.  Bake until bubbles appear.  Turn; bake other side until golden brown.  Serve with warm Cider Sauce; if youwish, top with dairy sour cream.  Makes:  18,  4- inch pancakes.


Cider Sauce

1      cup Sugar

2      Tablespoons cornstarch

1/4   teaspoons each cinnamon and nutmeg or 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

2      cups apple cider

2      Tablespoons lemon juice

1/4   cup butter or margarine


In saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and nutmeg; stir in apple cider and lemon juice.  Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.  Boil and stir 1 minute.  Remove from heat; stir in butter.  Makes: About 2-1/2 cups.

1971 General Mills, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment