Sunday, December 29, 2013

25 Books that I Read this Year

I always set out to read 25- 30 books on goodreads, for their book challenge.  I think I have only met this goal once.  It was when I was still working at a pizza shoppe in a crazy and wild search for a teaching job, but yet still had ample time to read.  Go figure!  Now that I am a teacher, I find it very hard to find time to do anything... this might be why my blog is so spotty.  Luckily I am on Christmas break right now and I have time to do whatever I please.

Here is the list of books that I read this year for my successful book challenge:
(P.S. I will be reading 30 books by my 30th birthday, in Novemeber next year, some books will overlap, as my birthday is before the end of the year in which Goodreads gives for their book challenge.)

1.  Paris in Color by Nichole Robertson

2.  Welcome to the Dead House by R.L. Stine

3.  Stay out of the Basement by R.L. Stine

4.  Monster Blood by R.L. Stine

5.  White Teeth by Zadie Smith

6.  Naked by David Sedaris

7.  I Was Told There'd Be Cake by Sloane Crosley

8.  Chocolat by Joanne Harris

9.  The Commander's Desire by Jennette Green

10.  Surrender the Heart by MaryLu Tyndall

11.  Stardust by Neil Gaiman

12.  Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut

13.  Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer

14.  Her Reluctant Bodyguard by Jennette Green

15.  A Nantucket Christmas by Nancy Thayer

16.  The Haunting of Toby Jugg by Dennis Wheatley (I had a paperback, but this link is for Kindle)

17.  Waiting for Wren by Cate Beauman

18.  Morgan's Hunter by Cate Beauman

19.  Falling For Sarah by Cate Beauman

20.  Hailey's Truth by Cate Beauman

21.  Forever Alexa by Cate Beauman

22.  Q&A by Vikas Swarup

23.  The Princess in the Opal Mask by Jenny Lundquist

24.  Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers

25.  Catering to Nobody by Diane Mott Davidson

What have you read this year?  Any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment