Monday, February 27, 2012

First Meetings and Unexpected Blessings

This was my devotion for the day, from 'Take My Heart, Oh God'.

"Being alert to the possibility that God may bring a person across our path will change our attitude toward first meetings."  - Dee Brestin

We have many first meetings.  Some blossom into lifelong relationships, other last only a few minutes.  But that first "hello" becomes important when we consider the possibility that God wants us to minister to that person, if only for a moment.

Haven't we all received a smile from a stranger just when we needed one?  Or a helping hand?  When we've been encouraged out of the blue in that way, we praise God for the unexpected blessing.

You never know whom you might meet today.  Your smile may light up the day for a woman who is hurting.  Your kind offer of help may rebuild someone's trust in the human race.  Even if you're dealing with sorrow, perhaps you'll meet someone who's been there and she can have the joy of ministering to you.

Be alert to your first meetings today.  See what surprises God may have in store!

Read 2 Thessalonians 1:11



*******


This was a great reminder for me.  Often it is so easy to be stand off-ish in life, but what message are we sending to those around us, even if just for a moment.  I know at times I am guilty of this.  Perhaps I have a bad attitude and I allow it to get in the way of my manors.  I will be more aware of this from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment