Friday, March 2, 2012

1999

Driving home yesterday, I saw a car that had tags from 1999.  It got me thinking about that year and what I was up to.

In the year 1999 I:

Was a huge NSYNC fan

Had never been out of the country

Had never been on a plane

Was not driving yet

Finished my freshman year of high school well

Started my sophomore year, a little wiser

Was still living on the mountain and did not foresee moving

Rocked out to Prince's 1999

Still played soccer

Knew almost everyone one the mountain because I had known them and their families since I was in the first grade

Hung out with my Grandma, because then, she was very much alive and well

Still did not get along with my brother

Hadn't met many of my closest friends

Had dreams of seeing the world, with no idea of what to expect

Loved the color green

Could still ride my bike to my best friend Nicki's house

Enjoyed hikes in the forest

Liked hearing the Blue Jays, Crickets, Squirrels... nature in general

Loved the fresh air

Embraced all four seasons

Danced around like a hippie

Sang 24/7

Laughed a lot

Still attended church, with the same pastor that baptized me in the 2nd grade

Didn't know that my brother was my half brother, yet

Got my first CD player


I am sure so many other things, but that is all I can think of at the moment.

What were you doing in 1999?

No comments:

Post a Comment