Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Book in Review: Treasure Island

Hmmm...

At first, I was really excited to read this book.  It promised of grand sea adventures!  And, for a while the book was following that path.  Aside from the language, I was really enjoying the story.  However, there is a line drawn in the book, where there is so much talk about the ship and specific parts of what makes the ship run.  This side of the ship is this, and that side of the ship is that.  I was lost and to be honest I tried to skim really quickly across these parts.  This most likely means that I missed something.

Why so much talk about the ship itself?  I want to hear about swashbuckling pirates... drinking rum, singing a sad sea song or two!  This is what I automatically think of when I hear the word Pirate.  While this book definitely touched base on many of those items listed above, I expected more.

The beginning and end of this classic tale are its strongest parts.

I had to read it, because it set the standard for all Pirate stories to follow.

I liked it, but I did not love it.



I found this image on google.

2 out of 5 stars, It was ok

No comments:

Post a Comment