The name says it all - these cookies melt in your mouth.
Active time: 25 minutes, plus chilling
Bake time: 19- 22 minutes per batch
Makes: 42 cookies
Melt-Aways Good Housekeeping
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened (no substitutions)
2 cups confectioners' sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF. On waxed paper, combine flour, cornstarch, and salt.
2. In large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat butter until creamy. Beat in 1 cup confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. On low speed, beat in flour mixture, then vanilla. Cover bowl with plastic and refrigerate 1 hour.
3. With hands, shape dough by heaping measuring teaspoons into 1-inch balls. Place balles, 1-inch apart, on ungreased large cookie sheet. Bake until set and lightly golden around edges, 19- 22 minutes. With wide metal spatula, transfer to wire rack to cool slightly.
4. Sift remaining 1 cup of confectioners' sugar into medium bowl. While cookies are still warm, roll in sugar to coat; return to rack to cool completely. When cool, gently roll cookies in sugar again. Repeat with remaining dough in sugar.
5. Store cookies in a cookie jar up to 1 week.
Each cookie: About 90 calories, 1g protein, 11g carbohydrate, 5g total fat (3g saturated), 0g fiber, 13mg cholesterol, 55mg sodium.