Saturday, July 12, 2014

Chocolate Doughnut Cake

From August to May, I am a high school art teacher. By the end of May, I am generally starting my summer break. However, this year, I took a job at a local Christian camp and I am working in the craft cabin. One must do what they can, to make ends meet. I just hope that I have enough energy, for the new school year, which starts in less than a month!  Ahh!

Even though I have been working, my schedule allows be to get some baking in. As you know, I have been making my way through Bon Appetit's Dessert cook book. I will be delivering a new recipe for that, tomorrow.

Right now, I wanted to share a recipe for 'Chocolate Doughnut Cake', by Willow Bird Baking.




I came across this recipe a month or so ago and I have been dying to make it, but I did not have a cast iron skillet, even though I have wanted one for ages. I finally picked one up and decided to make this cake straight away. This recipe is very easy to make and you probably have all of the ingredients on hand.

It has been nearly 100ºF at my house and it was no different today!  So, with that heat and then the heat of the oven, my frosting was a bit runny. I suggest letting your skillet/cake cool down completely before you put the frosting on and if your frosting is a bit on the runny side, I suggest adding more confectioner's sugar. I wish I had thought of this before I put the frosting on my cake.

With a fast baking time, you will be enjoying this cake within one hour!

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment