Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Homemade Taco Seasoning

In an effort to get rid of some of the chemicals I eat, I have started to make my own taco seasoning. The recipe I am going to share with you, is a combination of two that I found on Pinterest. I made a batch for my mom, for Mother's Day. She loves it! I made some for myself as well. It is spicy. Just the way I like it! However, you shouldn't worry, it isn't too hot.



Taco Seasoning

4 Tablespoons chili powder
3 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon paprika
3 Tablespoons cumin
1 Tablespoon + 2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
3 teaspoons sea salt
3 teaspoons black pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes

Combine all ingredients and put them in a cute jar or container. Use two heaping tablespoonfuls and 3/4 cup water per pound of cooked and drained ground beef. I imagine that this will work just as well for chicken, but I have yet to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment