Sunday, July 20, 2014

A Book in Review: Persuasion

Might I persuade you to read 'Persuasion', if you haven't already?

'Persuasion' concludes my reading of all Jane Austen Novels. Out of her 6 completed works, I read four within the last month. The first of Austen's novels that I ever read was 'Mansfield Park', my junior year of college. I had already loved the movie and the Hugh Grant version of 'Sense and Sensibility'. So, when I went to read 'Mansfield Park', I was hoping to enjoy it and did.

I have found each novel to be very good and gives me hope for love, in my own life... especially 'Persuasion', as Anne is considerably older than the rest of Jane Austen's ladies... which places her a year younger than I am currently myself. Ha!

I hope that what I write is making sense, because it is currently 1:18 am and I am extremely tired and I do not know what keeps me from sleep.

Anyway... read the rest at your own risk. Though a simple review, it may be the most spoiler filled!


Anne, so sweet, kind, caring, and gentle... easily overlooked by her father and older sister Elizabeth. Her sister Mary only wanting her around, for her own sake. Anne, so devoted to Lady Russell that she was easily persuaded against Captain Wentworth. Ahh!

With age comes understanding of yourself and those around you.

Paths are crossed and intertwined and an unyielding love on both Anne and Wentworth's side was exposed and re-kindled. Wentworth loving everything kind, caring, sweet, and gentle about Anne, not overlooking a single thing about her.

I loved this novel and I recommend it to everyone!

I give this novel 5 out of 5 stars.

P.S.- Don't you just love this cover?!

No comments:

Post a Comment