Monday, July 27, 2015

A Book in Review: The Suspicion at Sandition

(Or, the Disappearance of Lady Denham)

This is the seventh book in a series by Carrie Bebris. I have read the previous six and enjoyed them all. I was quite looking forward to this installment.

The Suspicion at Sandition find Mr. and Mrs. Darcy in the thick of it, once again.

Carrie Bebris extends my love of Jane Austen. Sandition was the last book that Jane Austen was working on, when she passed away. I have never read the 11 and a half chapters that Austen left behind, so this edition of the Mr. and Mrs. Darcy Mysteries was all new to me.

I enjoyed the characters and I found myself trying hard to figure out the culprit. I am happy to say that I was kept guessing, but the two characters that I kept going back to were indeed part of the villainy!

Darcy and Elizabeth thought that they were going on vacation with their favorite cousins. They really should know better than to plan a normal family outing, by now. Things never go as planned. Of course I  thought that this was another great mystery. I liked that it all took place essentially in one night kind of like the board game/movie Clue.

You do not need to read the previous books in the series to read this edition, but I highly recommend that you do!



Photo by: Tiffiny Hargrave

No comments:

Post a Comment