Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Book in Review: 'The Glass Castle'

I made a trip to Colorado for the first time, back in January.  Shortly before heading to the airport, I realized that I had not packed a book!  What a shock!  I always travel with a book or two... or three.  So, I stopped at a Target and was pointed in the direction of 'The Glass Castle' by my friend.  I had wanted to purchase it before, but never really thought that I would like it.  I usually do not do well with real life stories, they get on my nerves.

After some coaxing, I picked it up.  I read about half of it throughout the trip and I really enjoyed that bit, but then coming back to work and grading assignments, etc.  I was unable to finish it... until last night.  What a crazy life these people lived.  I cannot believe what the children in the book went through and how the parents acted.  I am even more surprised that 3 of the 4 children turned out to lead productive lives.

I definitely recommend this book.  The writing is smooth and keeps you moving through the content.  I did not find my self bored even once.  Check it out and hopefully you will enjoy the read as much as I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment