They are shouting Spring and Summer fun to me. You can make them in any color scheme you would like. I think they would be great for kids parties or for a fun grown up get together.
The following is all from Bettycrocker.com:
Get playful with your food and watch as simple cupcakes take on a little color and turn into super-fun Cupcake Poppers. Start with Betty Crocker cake mix and liven it up with bright colors and fluffy frosting.
box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
Water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box
teaspoon each gel or liquid food colors (neon pink, neon purple, neon orange, neon green, classic blue)
cups marshmallow creme
cup butter, softened
cups powdered sugar
Gel or liquid food colors (neon pink, neon purple, neon orange, neon green, classic blue)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 60 mini muffin cups. Make cake batter as directed on box. Divide batter among 5 small bowls, about 3/4 cup each. Make 5 different colors of batter by adding 1/4 teaspoon food color to each bowl; blend well.
- Fill each muffin cup with 1 level measuring tablespoon batter, making 12 cupcakes of each color.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat marshmallow creme and butter with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Beat in powdered sugar until fluffy. Divide frosting among 5 small bowls, about 1/3 cup each. Using the same 5 food colors, lightly tint frosting in each bowl to match the cupcake colors.
- Assemble each popper using 2 mini cupcakes. Cut tops off each cupcake horizontally (save bottoms for another use). Spread or pipe about 1 tablespoon frosting on cut side of 1 cupcake top. Form a sandwich by placing cut side of second cupcake top on frosting; press lightly. Repeat with remaining cupcake tops. Store loosely covered.
Makes 30 cupcake popper sandwiches
Have fun with these! I know I will!