Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Cut loose, Footloose!

As we all know, the original of a re-made movie is always the best.  Well, maybe not always, but that holds true for the new Footloose.  I won tickets to view a special pre-screening of the film, through 104.3 myfm.  I love that radio station.  They are allowing me to do so many fun things, for free!

I took my friend Tamara along with me.  We got to Grauman's Chinese Theater just in time to volunteer for a dance off.  We had no idea what we were getting ourselves into.  We were taken out of line and filmed for about 15 minutes.  We had to dance this way, dance that way, dance together, dance for the cameras again, so that they could only see our feet.  We had to sing and dance... the list goes on!  We were dancing machines and to be honest... as someone who does not usually dance in front of any one except good friends, I had not a care in the world.  It was so much fun.

If we danced and danced, we were to get a Starbucks card at the end.  I don't drink coffee, but I worked hard for that... alas I did not get one, because some other girls came into the mix, uninvited and snagged mine before I could get one and of course they ran out of gift cards... boo.  Luckily, Tamara got one and she is a coffee drinker.

We got at the end of the movie line, tickets in hand and we were some of the last ones into the theater.  Somehow, we found two seats together at the back the theater and had a pretty good view of the screen.

I think it was helpful that I had not seen the original in so long, because I was able to view the film without any thoughts of it in my mind.  They did pay homage to the original with some of the scenes and outfits, even songs in this new version (from what I can remember).

At first I was a little skeptical... why on Earth are they remaking this film?  Can't they leave well enough alone?  I warmed up to the film though, and really enjoyed myself.  I was singing along, dancing in my seat and laughing.  Sure, it is a remake, but it is done in its own unique manner.  They didn't film it in the same exact way, frame for frame, they really diversified it.

If I did not have the opportunity to see this film, I probably would not have seen it in the theater.  However, now that I have seen it, I can say this, it was good and I think very worth your 11 dollars.  So go and check it out for yourself. (I really liked the soundtrack and will probably buy it.)

And tell me, is the guy who plays Ren cute or what?  I had the hardest time deciding, but in the end, I went with yes.  He had good character and that Boston accent sure got to me!  Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment