Thank you Cookies and Cups!
Here is the link to the recipe and all of the photos:
Milk Chocolate Whopper Brownies
- 1 (11.5 oz) bag of milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chocolate malt mix (I used Ovaltine)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped chocolate milk balls (I used Whoppers)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Melt milk chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan over low heat until the chocolate is just melted, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat. Stir in eggs, vanilla and brown sugar until combined.
- Stir in dry ingredients (flour, malt powder, baking powder and salt)
- Fold in your chopped malt balls (Whoppers)
- Spread the batter into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted 1 inch away from edge comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
If you cannot find chocolate malt mix (Ovaltine) you can sub in malted milk powder.
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
For the Frosting:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup chocolate malt mix (Ovaltine)
1-2 Tbsp of milk
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
- In a mixer beat your butter until smooth.
- Add in over low speed your powdered sugar, Ovaltine and milk, 1 tablespoon at a time. Continue adding milk until the desired consistency is reached.
- Turn mixer up to medium and beat for 1 minute until frosting is smooth.
- Spread on cooled brownies.
- Top with extra chocolate malt balls for garnish, if desired.
I want to make these right now!!
(P.S.- I made these and I could not get the frosting to work. I even made it twice. If you can get it right, please let me know how you did it. Thanks!)