Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Gavin DeGraw

Gavin DeGraw...

He is awesome.  I have followed his music since 2004, maybe a little earlier.  I think at times I have followed him so much, that I may have annoyed my friends.  For example, my junior year of college, I listened to his album 'Chariot' in the morning when I got up and any other time throughout the day that I was able to get a song or two in.

It didn't help that, that was the year I first saw him in concert.  He had come to town and played at Claremont Colleges.  It was pouring rain... I mean pouring!  It was an excellent show, he performed well and I still remember how great it felt to be there.  I was supposed to meet him after the show, but my mom had to leave and the friends I stayed behind with didn't want to wait any longer.  So, we left, and we were not 15 feet away when we heard cheering... he showed up and I missed him.  Boo.

It turns out that my now best friend Monica was at that very same show, but we had not met yet and in the years following that show Gavin has proved to be one of our strong bonding points.

We have seen him at the House of Blue on Sunset Strip and we have seen him at a small location in San Diego called SOMA.  Each time we have seen him, we have been closer and closer to him, but had yet to meet him...

WELL!  THAT HAS ALL CHANGED NOW!

I won tickets through 104.3 myfm and on Monday June 20, 2011...  I met Gavin DeGraw and I brought Monica along for the ride!  She got to meet him as well and we both walked away with a signed photo.

We saw him at the Myfm performance studio in Burbank.  We were in the very front... his keyboard was maybe two feet away from us.  I was front and center.  We got to be there for the radio interview and he also played three songs.

1.  In Love With A Girl
2.  Not Over You (His new single, which is on the album 'Sweeter' due August 9th)
3. I Don't Want to Be

Everything was perfect!  At the end of the performances, we all got to get our picture taken with Gavin and he really took the time to talk with each fan.  I found that to be really neat.  But, as my mom said, "If he doesn't take the time to have a photo, then he doesn't care about his fans, and without fans, he doesn't have a job."

He held my hand that I shook his with, the entire time we talked and he had is other arm around me.  I totally felt like I was in high school.  Ha ha.  I told him that I had been following him since 2004 and that I went to his bar last year.  He said, "Oh yeah?  Did you get hammered?"  I said, "No, I was with my mom, I couldn't do that."  He had a good chuckle.  I wanted to tell him so many things, but they all flew out of my head once I got up there.  Typical I am sure.  I thanked him for his music and for taking the time to chat and he thanked me, I don't really know why.

So, I pretty much think he should be my husband, but then I am a realisitc person and I know that would never happen, but it sure would be nice.

Here are the photos to prove that all of this greatness truly happened!

Gavin and Me
He's pretty tall, because I have heels on here.


Gavin and Monica

The two of us celebrating our Gavin DeGraw experience outside the studio building, with our signed photo!

Gavin was so nice and personable and that made me like him even more.  I wish him all the best and I hope he continues to make great music and continues to make me swoon!  A girl needs agood swoon every now an again.

Check his Music Out:

Chariot- His first album
(photo from uulyrics.com)

He also did this album accoustic and it is called 'Chariot Stripped'... he has all of the songs from 'Chariot', plus a few extras.

Gavin DeGraw- Self Titled second Album
(photo from clicp zones)


Free- His third album (fourth if you count Stripped)
(photo from behindthehype)


'Not Over You', the first single from his soon to be released album, 'Sweeter'

I am curious to hear all of the songs and to see what the album cover looks like.

Well, all I can say is this, "Please listen to Gavin DeGraw because he is fantastic!"  The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment