Saturday, June 18, 2011

Operation Baking GALS (Give A Little Support)



Operation Baking GALS... what can I say?
I have been baking with this organization for nearly a year and a half now, and I am still loving it!  I already love to bake, but then to bake for someone who really deserves it, makes baking much better!

I had a surprise not too long ago, I was reading about one of the teams and they were supporting a guy I went to college with.  He was a nursing student in school and then he joined the Army, so I was very happy to bake for him.

I have been leading a team for the past few months.  I am supporting my friends husband.  He left on this deployment in February and he will hopefully be back by Christmas time.

Here is info. from the site, on what Baking GALS is all about:

Baking GALS (GALS stands for Give A Little Support) is a group of volunteer bakers from around the country who bake and ship homemade goodies to our heroic military men and women who are currently deployed in a war zone. Our goal is to show our support and send a little bit of home to remind them that we appreciate all that they do for our freedom.


And boy do we bake!  Once a month we bake and ship out the goods.  It is not out goal to hear back from those we ship cookies to, but it sure is nice when we do hear back from them.  In my year and a half (almost)  I have only heard back from about 5 people.  That is pretty amazing to me!  I also find it amazing that they used up some of their free time to send me a thanks.  But, I am speaking of an amazing group of people and I would expect nothing less.

I just love sending out goodness from my kitchen to someone who might really need a pick me up in a dangerous situation.  To send a little bit of home to a man or woman in service is really an exciting thing!  They deserve much more than cookies and a note, but this is what I can do and I will continue to do for as long as I can!!

If you are interested in joining and seeing what all of the fun is about just click on any of the Baking GALS links below:



Believe me when I say this, "You won't be sorry!"
So check out the site today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment