Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Chewy Cake

For some reason, whenever I catch a Paula Deen show on the Food Network, I come in at desert time.  That's how I came across the Pink Lemonade cake and that is how I discovered this super easy and tasty treat...


CHEWY CAKE

  • 1 (1-pound) package light brown sugar
  • 2 cups self-rising flour
  • 1 stick butter softened, plus more for greasing
  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
  • 2 cups pecans, chopped
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 13 by 9-inch baking pan.

In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, flour, and butter. Add eggs and vanilla and stir well. Fold in coconut, pecans, and chocolate chips until well combined. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted through the middle comes out clean. Cool the cake completely in the pan before cutting it into squares.

I was amazed at how little prep time was needed to make these bars and I really enjoy the flavor.  I had to use almonds instead of pecans, because that is what I had on hand.  I would post a picture but I've already given out/ eaten this whole batch!

Try them out... NOW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment