Friday, July 1, 2011

The June Bug and The Sand Flea

No, this is not a tale like the Tortise and the Hare.

This is a tale of me not liking bugs on my body, but them attacking me anyway.

Now, I really do not mind bugs... I realize that we need them in our environment for different things, but as of late I am finding that their purpose is only to give me the heebie jeebies, by crawling on my body.

The other day, I was just sitting in my friends living room watching a movie, minding my own business and then out of nowhere, some thing hit me in the head.  My friend was in the kitchen and I thought she had thrown something at me.  I turned around and she was busily at work.  So, I quickly realized that she did NOT throw anything at me and that is when I freaked out a bit.  I shook my hair and a JUNE BUG fell onto my pillow!  Ahh!  It was in my hair, like it was its place of dwelling.

With Tamaras help, I got the June bug outside, but then it came back again... seeking my blood no doubt!

I mean, come on little bug, shoudln't you be doing buggy things with your bug friends... outside?  You know... away from my person?  The answer to both of those questions is obviously yes.

Another June Bug... or perhaps the same persistent one made it back inside and tormented me as I was trying to sleep, by flinging its body repeatedly into the blinds. I am pretty sure I heard it call out, "I'll get you Tiffiny, if it is the last thing I do!"

When I woke in the morning, it was under the bed... by my head.  It could have been crawling on me all night long...

Now on to the Sand Flea... I went to the beach this morning.  I had grand plans of jumping in the waves, but the water was not as warm as days past. I was getting ready to lay out on my new and awesome rugby beach towel, when I noticed the sand moving in a flurry and little things all over my towel.  After close inspection, I realized that the sand fleas were out in abundance!  They were jumping all over the place, my legs, my toes, the towel, Tamara's hair...

I could only take this for a little while before I had to leave... it was just too much for me.  Ha ha.

I had heard of sand fleas before, but had never seen them.  I wonder why they were on this side of the beach in staggering numbers, when they are no where to be found on the other side of the rocks?

Nasty bugs, why do you do this to me?

And don't even get me started on the sand crabs... ugh.

image from google.

I was going to post a photo of the sand flea as well, but its images came with a bunch of information that was really grossing me out and truly giving me the heebie jeebies!

No comments:

Post a Comment